Those who want to learn more about how a digital learning environment is reshaping the landscape of teaching and learning within Virginia Beach City Public Schools (VBCPS) are encouraged to attend the division’s Digital Learning Anchor Schools Showcase April 19.
The event at Kellam High School begins at 5:30 p.m. with a brief general session followed by an open program for attendees to visit school exhibits until 7 p.m.
Students and staff at the division’s 15 Digital Learning Anchor Schools will explain and demonstrate how their work with a variety of devices, digital resources and instructional strategies is supporting a student-centered learning program.
The following schools will have interactive exhibits at the event:
- Bayside High School
- Corporate Landing Middle School
- Diamond Springs Elementary School
- Great Neck Middle School
- Green Run High School
- Kellam High School
- Kempsville High School
- Kingston Elementary School
- Larkspur Middle School
- Newtown Elementary School
- Rosemont Elementary School
- Strawbridge Elementary School
- Tallwood Elementary School
- Thoroughgood Elementary School
- Williams Elementary School
The school division established the Digital Learning Anchor Schools initiative at the beginning of school year 2015-16 with the following goals:
- To develop a cadre of schools to serve as model digital learning schools within the division; and
- To study specifics in the field with respect to pedagogy and device implementation.
For more information about the division’s Digital Learning Anchor Schools, visit vbschools.com.