Students and staff of Virginia Beach City Public Schools (VBCPS) benefit from the support of nearly 1,000 community partners each year. Partnerships that demonstrate exemplary school-community collaborations and support the academic growth and social-economic development of students are chosen to be Model Partners. Finalists are chosen by a selection committee of school and community representatives.
The school division’s 2020 Model Partners are:
- The Advanced Technology Center and ACN Independent Business Owner
- Bayside Middle School and Diamond Springs Elementary School Reading Buddies
- Christopher Farms Elementary School and Holland Elementary School and London Bridge Baptist Church
- Cooke Elementary School and Virginia Beach Sheriff’s Office
- Fairfield Elementary School and Providence Presbyterian Church
- First Colonial High School and Lynnhaven River NOW
- Kempsville High School and Old Dominion University
- Old Donation School and Clark Nexsen
In the coming weeks, each Model Partner will be featured in an article highlighting their achievements and contributions to VBCPS.
If you would like to know more about the Partners In Education program, visit www.vbschools.com, or contact Jennifer McGowan in the Office of Family and Community Engagement, at Jennifer.McGowan@vbschools.com.