Virginia Beach’s Summer Youth Employment Program (SYEP) is seeking applicants for summer 2020. The program will provide jobs and workplace readiness skills to young people and help them set career goals and learn more about their community. Applications open Monday, Jan. 13.
The eight-week program is open to Virginia Beach residents ages 16-21 and runs June 22-Aug. 7, 2020.
To be eligible for the program, participants must:
- be between the ages of 16 and 21 by June 11, 2020;
- reside in the City of Virginia Beach;
- adhere to all program policies and procedures;
- commit to the entire length of the program, including Work Readiness Orientation; and
- provide all required documents: Resume, two reference letters from non-family members and a copy of the most current report card or college transcript.
Participants will earn valuable experience while working with the City of Virginia Beach and other local businesses. For important dates, eligibility criteria and more information about the program, visit vbgov.com.