Welcome, Class of 2031!
Tuesday, April 24, the Virginia Beach City Public Schools (VBCPS) annual kindergarten registration and orientation event will take place at 9 a.m. at all of the division’s elementary schools (except Newtown and Bettie F. Williams since those schools do not have kindergarten programs).
Parents of children who will be 5-years-old on or before Sept. 30 are invited to attend this event, which includes an open house for future students and their parents, tours of the school and an overview of the kindergarten program. Students also will get to experience a school bus ride and meet with kindergarten teachers while parents fill out the necessary registration paperwork. Additional activities will vary by school.
Registration forms are available at www.vbschools.com/kindergarten. In order to register their child for kindergarten, parents need to bring the following documents:
- two proofs of address: 1) a lease agreement/mortgage statement; and 2) a current gas, electric or water bill
- a certified copy of the child’s birth certificate
- a physical examination (dated within 12 months prior to starting kindergarten)
- a current immunization report
- two current emergency contact phone numbers
For more information about the event and registering for kindergarten, visit vbschools.com.