Online applications are now available for the school division’s various high school academy programs for the 2019-2020 school year.
Students enrolled in the school division should use their student ID number and login credentials to access the online application system. Non-VBCPS students should request an application from the Department of Teaching and Learning via email at Brittany.Bowman2@vbschools.com. Applications for Green Run Collegiate are on their website.
Applications are due Jan. 9, 2019. Since each program has specific requirements, interested applicants should visit the applications process page in advance. Requirements might include essays, courses or auditions.
In addition, each school is hosting Academy Information Nights for their respective programs on the following dates:
- Nov. 1 at 6 p.m. – Governor’s STEM & Technology Academy, Landstown High School
- Nov. 7 at 6 p.m. – Mathematics and Science Academy, Ocean Lakes High School
- Nov. 8 at 6:30 p.m. – Health Sciences Academy Bayside High School
- Nov. 13 at 6 p.m. – International Baccalaureate Programs, Princess Anne High School
- Nov. 14 at 6:30 p.m. – Visual and Performing Arts Academy, Salem High School
- Nov. 20 at 6 p.m. – Global Studies & World Languages Academy, Tallwood High School
- Nov. 26 at 6 p.m. – Entrepreneurship and Business Academy, Kempsville High School
- Nov. 29 at 6 p.m. – Legal Studies Academy, First Colonial High School
- Dec. 5 at 6 p.m. – Green Run Collegiate
- Dec. 13 at 5:30 p.m. – Advanced Technology Center (ATC) Open House and Planning Ahead Sessions
Learn more about the school division’s various academies at vbschools.com.