Don’t miss your chance to be heard!
An email invitation to participate in the 2018 Employee Survey will be sent to all school division employees April 9. The survey, which closes April 27, gives you and your colleagues the opportunity to give your opinions and make suggestions on issues such as working conditions, professional development, salary and benefits. The survey is part of the Employee Input Process, which helps to inform continuous improvement efforts across the division.
“These are important issues that impact employees in their work, their environment and livelihood so taking a few minutes to give your opinion can really make a difference,” said Superintendent Dr. Aaron Spence.
The anonymous online survey will take approximately 15 minutes to complete. Some past changes that were made across the division as a result of the survey include:
- Revisions to the new employee orientation process;
- Adjustments to leave regulations and procedures, such as allowing the donation of sick leave, reducing the minimum usage of leave and increasing the cap on accumulated annual leave;
- Creating a web-based employee handbook;
- Improving driver ergonomics in driver compartments on school buses;
- Revising the transfer process for teachers and classified employees; and
- Decreasing internal pay inequity for employees on the same pay grade of the unified pay scale with the same years of experience by providing equity pay adjustments.
The Department of Planning, Innovation and Accountability (PIA) and the Department of Human Resources are administering the survey.
Questions about the survey administration should be directed to Paul Evans, educational data specialist with PIA, at 263-1199 or by email at Paul.Evans@vbschools.com. General questions about the Employee Input Process should be directed to the Department of Human Resources at 263-1133.Tell your friends! Follow us!