Virginia Beach City Public Schools (VBCPS) is celebrating the five finalists for 2019 Citywide Teacher of the Year! Through the continuing Great Dreams Need Great Teachers campaign, the division celebrates all its innovative and dedicated educators year-round, and each spring, VBCPS has the opportunity to recognize the best-of-the-best teachers throughout the division with the announcement of its finalists for VBCPS Citywide Teacher of the Year.
Congratulations to these teachers for being selected as the five finalists for 2019 Citywide Teacher of the Year:
- Katherine Anderson, Grades 9, 11, 12 English Teacher, Ocean Lakes High School
- Melissa Follin, Grade 3 Teacher, Old Donation School
- Gregory Hogan, Grade 7 Social Studies Teacher, Plaza Middle School
- Rebecca Robbins, Kindergarten Teacher, Diamond Springs Elementary
- Kathleen Trace, Grade 12 English Teacher, Salem High School
The Teacher of the Year selection committee will interview each of the finalists and narrow the decision to one. The announcement will be made during the Teacher of the Year Dinner May 3 hosted by the Virginia Beach Education Foundation.
Congratulations to all five finalists!Tell your friends! Follow us!