VBCPS staff and students interested in supporting the school division’s Beach Bags program will have two opportunities this month.
Volunteers will accept Beach Bags donations Saturday, Oct. 15, from 8 a.m. to 5 p.m. at Landstown Commons Shopping Center (behind Finn McCool’s Fish House and Highway 55). Donations will also be collected Thursday, Oct. 20, from 7 a.m. to 7 p.m. at Pembroke Mall (in the Kohl’s parking lot behind Walgreens).
The following food items will be accepted in addition to tax-deductible donations made payable to the Virginia Beach Education Foundation:
- Individual-sized cereal boxes or oatmeal
- 8-ounce servings of shelf-stable milk
- Individual-sized meals (ravioli, spaghetti and meatballs, macaroni and cheese, chunky soups, etc.)
- 4-ounce or larger fruit cups
- 100% juice boxes
- Snack items (granola bars, pudding cups, pretzels, trail mix, snack crackers, etc.)
For more information about the upcoming food drives or to make a donation during the school year, please contact the Office of Community Engagement at 757-263-1936 or email@example.com or visit www.vbschools.com/beachbags.
Tell your friends! Follow us!